Enjoy the Results of Surgical Fat Removal
Although it is a common and simple procedure, liposuction still requires some amount of recovery. Most people will recover from liposuction within a few short weeks, and are able to return to work within 10 days. On average, you can expect your recovery to include:
Mild to moderate pain for up to two weeks. This pain can be controlled through the use of pain medications prescribed by Dr. Chhatre.
Draining of excess fluids for up to 5 days. Dr. Chhatre will check your bandages within a few days following your surgery to ensure everything is working appropriately.
Bruising around the surgical area for up to 6-8 weeks.
Swelling that may last for more than one month. This swelling can be controlled through the use of body compression garments.
Your final, beautiful results and complete recovery shouldn’t take more than a few short months.
Assisting the Recovery Process
Your personal recovery will depend greatly on your physical condition and lifestyle choices, but there are ways to help your body fully recover in the fastest way possible.
Things to do:
- Drink at least 80 ounces of water a day
- Move slowly and avoid excessive physical activity
- Closely follow Dr. Chhatre’s advice, wearing the compression garments and coming in for all scheduled follow ups
Things to avoid:
- Alcoholic beverages during the first few weeks of recovery
- Ice packs or heating pads around the surgical area
- Hot tubs and swimming pools for at least 14 days
- Plastic band aids and over-the-counter antiseptics unless advised otherwise by Dr. Chhatre.
By following these common sense rules, your body will heal more quickly, and your beautiful results will be obvious in a shorter period of time.
If you live in or around Kansas City, Independence, Overland Park, or Lee’s Summit, Missouri and are interested in learning more about liposuction or recovering from your procedure, please contact the liposuction specialists at Summit Plastic Surgery & Med Spa to schedule your consultation today.