If you are looking to improve the size, shape, or contour of your backside, a buttock lift procedure at Summit Plastic Surgery & Med Spa can deliver the results you desire. During butt lift surgery at our Kansas City, MO-area practice, Dr. Madhukar G. Chhatre will administer general anesthesia or IV sedation, discreetly create incisions to avoid visible scarring, carefully place the silicone implants, and close the incisions with sutures and surgical tape.
Preparing for Butt Lift Surgery
Preparing for your buttock lift procedure can help you enjoy a smooth and successful treatment process. Patients who will be having butt lift surgery should:
- Maintain a healthy, vitamin-rich diet to help the body heal after the procedure.
- Stop smoking a few weeks before surgery.
- Abstain from heavy alcohol consumption.
- Stay hydrated.
- Be prepared to take two to three weeks off from work.
- Arrange for a friend or family member to drive them to and from the appointment.
In most cases, a buttock lift procedure requires several weeks of healing, with full recovery apparent about six months after treatment.
Buttock Lift Procedure: The Treatment Process
At Summit Plastic Surgery & Med Spa, each treatment plan is personalized according to the unique needs of the patient. However, butt lift surgery includes these general steps:
- Anesthesia: Dr. Chhatre performs butt lift surgery under IV sedation or general anesthesia. During a consultation at our office, he will review which option is right for you.
- Incisions: Once you are comfortable, Dr. Chhatre will create an incision. The size and placement of the incision will depend on the affected areas, although it is usually placed between the cheeks, in the crease between your buttocks and thighs, the upper buttocks, or down the center of the sacrum. These options will be discussed in detail during your consultation.
- Implant placement: If you have selected butt implants, Dr. Chhatre inserts them into the prepared treatment site, either in or above the muscle on each side. The skin is then pulled taut across your new buttocks and excess tissue is trimmed away for a smooth, sculpted appearance.
- Stitches: Finally, the incision will be closed with sutures.
In most cases, a buttock lift procedure requires several weeks of healing, with full recovery apparent about six months after treatment. In order to maintain your results, it is important that you practice healthy lifestyle habits, including a well-balanced diet and a regular exercise routine.
Combining Your Butt Lift with Liposuction
When it comes to body contouring, many of our patients combine two or more treatments for comprehensive results. If you have large buttocks, liposuction can be performed in conjunction with your butt lift for an optimal, long-lasting outcome. During a consultation with Dr. Chhatre, he can help you determine a fully customized treatment plan to meet your cosmetic goals.
Learn More about the Buttock Lift Procedure
Are you dissatisfied with the appearance of your backside? A butt lift procedure at our plastic surgery practice can help you achieve the results you desire. To learn more about the cost, procedure, recovery, or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Chhatre, contact us online or call our office at (816) 347-0026.