No one enjoys aging. There are several steps that you can follow to protect, prevent, and correct damage to delay the skin aging process as much as possible. At Summit Plastic Surgery & MedSpa we are here to help you achieve the skin care goals you have as well as have all the tools for correction. Starting with protecting your skin is key.
- Of course staying out of the sun altogether is best, but even being outside with all of the free radicals and pollutants in the air can still break down and age the skin. Using a topical Vitamin C antioxidant serum with pure L-ascorbic acid along with a broad spectrum UVA/UVB Sunscreen will give your skin the protection it needs to stay healthy while being outside. Remember to reapply sunscreen every 1-2 hours!
- Don’t smoke. Smoking will break down and dehydrate the skin and take away a lot of the skins natural moisture, enhancing wrinkles and all over aging.
- Eat a well balanced healthy diet avoiding high sodium intake and consuming a good amount of antioxidants is wonderful for the skin.
- Drink a lot of water and cut back on soda and other caffeine beverages.
- Get an average of 8 hours of sleep each night.
- Keeping active and exercising several times a week keeps you healthy as well as your skin.
- Seeing a skin care professional like licensed esthetician, Keri Eichhorn, for monthly facials and microdermabrasion treatments, as well as, a proper home care routine will benefit in keeping your skin hydrated and healthy.
When it’s gotten to the point where you need to look into correction there are several options available which can be combined with the preventative treatments that will give your skin the beautiful look you’re looking for. Kansas City Licensed Esthetician, Keri Eichhorn, has been working in skin care with plastic surgeon, Dr. Matt Chhatre, for almost 12 years, and will be able to help you determine which procedures will be best for your specific skin care needs.
- Botox injections can help with wrinkles across the forehead, between the eyebrows and around the eyes. This can help give your skin a smooth refreshed look without looking frozen.
- Filler injections such as Juvederm® Ultra XC and Radiesse fill in the lines and folds around the mouth and in the lips to give a more uniformed and younger look.
- Microdermabrasions with light chemical peels will keep your skin cell turnover moving at the rate where it is supposed to be for younger healthier looking skin. The microdermabrasion will removed the old damaged skin cells and allow the chemical peel to reach deeper levels in the skin.
- Using Retinol products will help remove damaged skin cells and renew the skin helping with fine lines and skin tone and texture.
- Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing will do deeper renewal for more damage helping smooth the skin leaving it healthier and more hydrated and rejuvenated.
- IPL photo rejuvenation will help remove pigmentation as well as small red veins for a more even skin tone.
Some times the less invasive procedures help- but maybe not as much as you’re hoping and have to turn to the more extensive surgical procedures. Kansas City’s best plastic surgeon, Dr. Matt Chhatre, performs the following procedures in our state of the art in office surgical center.
- Facelift procedure will tighten and smooth the skin and muscles in the lower part of the face including the neck area.
- Brow lift procedure will raise the brow to correct sagging and drooping for a more youthful appearance
- Blepharoplasty surgery removes excess skin and fat pads for brighter looking eyes.
If you’re ready to learn more about what procedures and products will help you prevent future damage and correct current problems, contact our office for a consultation.