Winter months can wreak havoc on our skin. With the dry weather and furnaces running it doesn’t take long for our skin to suffer. Our Kansas City area Medical Spa has just what you need to hydrate and replenish your dry winter skin. We have options for both products and treatments that will enhance your hydration. Check out this blog for our 3 tips for winter skin care in Kansas City. Contact our office with any questions.
Dry Skin Professional Treatments
When we are experiencing dry flaky skin, our first thought is to typically scrub it off. The concept of that is right, but the way it’s done and the frequency can play a role into how the skin reacts. We have several options of professional treatments to remove the dead skin cells which in return allows for better product penetration and absorption.
Diamond Glow. This 3×1 clinical treatment exfoliates, infuses and hydrates. Our estheticians will choose the best option for your skin out of 6 diamond cut tips. These tips remove dead surface cells and prep the skin for the infusion and extraction process. There are 5 infusion serums that can be customized specifically for your skin, including an Ultra Hydrating serum that your skin will LOVE. To target dry flaky skin, you can’t go wrong with a Diamond Glow
Dermaplaning. Adding a dermaplane to any other professional treatment or on its own will make your skin feel soft and accept the products you use even better. Using a surgical blade, your esthetician will lightly scrape the surface of your face, removing all dead skin cells and vellus hair. By creating a fresh canvas, your skin will feel soft, smooth and hydrated for weeks. Try adding this to your facial or diamond glow for even better results.
Facial. Facials can be completely customized for your skin. Using all professional grade products, your esthetician will deeply clean, exfoliate and hydrate your skin. Add a little facial massage and a quiet room with light music, you can have a nice relaxing spa like treatment with major benefit.
Using high quality skin care products with proven clinical ingredients will assist in your hydration needs. At Summit Plastic Surgery & MedSpa we carry all professional skin care products. These products are proven by science and have the best quality ingredients to give the best results. We have several options available for dry/dehydrated skin to replenish and rehydrate. We recommend a combination of professional treatments and products to ensure you’re getting the very best results.
When it comes to cleansers, we have many options for every skin type. Depending on what your specific needs are, your esthetician will recommend perfect cleanser with the proper pH for your skin.
- Replenishing Cleanser(Skin Ceuticals)- This creamy cleanser lathers into a nice foam to deeply clean your skin and remove long wear makeup without stripping natural oils.
- Simply Clean(Skin Ceuticals)- This cleanser is formulated with high powered ingredients to remove makeup and gently exfoliates uneven and rough skin
- Glycolic Renewal Cleanser(Skin Ceuticals)- This is a soft foaming gel that exfoliates while effectively cleansing the skin without stripping the skin of moisture
- Cleansing Complex(iS Clinical)- This lightweight gel is powerful at cleaning, but gentle enough for hypersensitive skin. Incorporating mild resurfacing ingredients it thoroughly cleans the skin without stripping natural oils, leaving the skin soft and smooth
Adding a hydrator with hyaluronic acid with add deep hydration into your skin. This will enhance all products to fight dry and dehydrated skin.
- HydraCool(iS Clinical)- This light serum is formulated to rejuvenate, hydrate and soothe the skin. Great for all skin types and skin conditions.
- Hydrating B5 Gel(Skin Ceuticals)-Enriched with Vitamin B5 and hyaluronic acid, B5 Gel, this moisture enhancing serum is designed to leave your skin feeling healthy and hydrated.
- HA Intensifier(Skin Ceuticals)- A multifunctional corrective serum to help amplify the skin’s natural hyaluronic levels by 30%. Packed with ingredients that deliver surface hydration to improve smoothness, firmness and plumpness.
We all know we need a good moisturizer to prevent and correct moisture loss. However, there are such a large amount on the market, it can be tough to find the perfect fit for your skin. At our Kansas City area Medical Spa, our estheticians, Heather and Natalie, will help you find the perfect moisturizer for your skin. Contact our office to schedule your complimentary skin analysis today.
- Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2(Skin Ceuticals)- This is a lipid correcting cream that is light weight and fast absorbing. Containing a maximized concentration of lipids and other powerful ingredients, this moisturizer helps restore skins external barrier and supports natural self repair.
- Moisturizing Complex(iS Clinical)- Intensively hydrating with antioxidants, all ingredients packed into this product support a moisturizing, protective barrier against environmental aggressors. This is designed for all skin types making it a truly versatile moisturizer.
- Emollience(Skin Ceuticals)- This rich and restorative moisturizer is perfect for dry skin. Formulated with a selection of natural extracts and oils, emollience is ideal of cold and dry climates.
Day to day habits and environments can significantly alter your natural hydration levels in the skin. Adding water consumption will help increase your skin’s hydration content. Smoking, alcohol, medications and caffeine all can strip the skin of hydration and moisture. Supplementing with good quality skin care products and treatments will help, but a healthy lifestyle will show on your skin.
Contact our Office
If you’re ready to target your dry and dehydrated winter skin, contact our office today. Skin care consultations are always complimentary. Your esthetician will fully assess your skin and determine which products and treatments will best suit your skin type and conditions.